摩托车论坛

搜索
查看: 6395|回复: 9

The Toyota Effect - Will It Trickle Down To Motorcyc ...

关闭 [复制链接]

状态   [当前离线]

发表于 江苏省 2010-7-23 03:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The Toyota Effect - Will It Trickle Down To Motorcycle Manufacturers?

Over the past few weeks, we've witnessed the once all-powerful Toyota fall to its knees and beg the forgiveness of its customers over the methods in which it handled, or more appropriately, did not handle a potentially dangerous defect in many of its cars.

While I'm still not convinced that the full story and the extent of the defects has been revealed, much can be learned by what Toyota did and did not do and when they first realized a defect had occurred.

While I've had my issues with a Toyota Avalon I purchased a few years ago and was "jerked" around in the methods they handled it, I was fortunate that I spotted the issues during the first day of ownership and within a few weeks was able to reverse the purchase. To my knowledge, the defects found on my vehicle were not life threatening, but the methods in which they dealt with legitimate customer complaints spoke volumes in what they thought of the end user. Simply stated, they used a multi-tiered bureaucracy to stall the complaint process.

Instead of continuing to criticize Toyota for its methods in which they conduct business, allow me to attempt to make this relevant to motorcycle riders:

As we've learned, there's no such thing as a perfect product and in these days when manufacturers "farm out" various parts and other items to outside sources, there have and will be situations where defects will occur. However, unlike a car that provides a somewhat protective envelope for the driver, motorcycles don't provide the same level of protection. So what could be considered a minor defect in an automobile could translate into a recipe for disaster for a motorcycle rider.

When I owned a Victory Vision, there was one Do Not Ride Recall. I'll state that initially, the Dealer was slow to respond. In fact, although I read about the recall in an online forum, when I contacted the dealer, he had no knowledge of this situation. That was a big red flag for me as in this day and age of instant, electronic communication, how could a factory not contact a dealer in a timely manner? There's no excuses for this t**e of situation. However, once the Dealer contacted the Factory, the fix was communicated, the replacement parts were shipped and the repairs were made in a timely manner.

The only snafu that I experienced was I was told that the repair could not be made until I received the written Do Not Ride recall paperwork.

What? They knew about the issue and understanding that it fell in the "Do Not Ride" category they wanted me to wait until the Post Office delivered the paperwork? That's just not right in my book.

When the paperwork did arrive and seeing the words Do Not Ride in the title, I contacted Victory's VRA to provide a tow truck to transport my bike to the dealership. I was told by the operator that the towing services were only provided for break-downs and not recalls. Instead of getting upset, I simply requested to to speak to a Supervisor and to tell him/her that I'm in possession of the recall paperwork and it would be totally irresponsible for me to ride my bike after receiving that paperwork. Riding AFTER receiving the paperwork would be irresponsible on my part.

I was placed on hold and around ten minutes later I was told the tow was approved.

Can-Am recently had a recall over a power steering situation on its GS/RS models. While I'm not sure if the final fix has been found, I have not yet experienced this issue on the newer RT model I'm currently riding. Knowing that this steering problem was found on the previous model, you can bet that I'm keeping my eyes open for any behavior that may signal a potential problem.

I do know that with the Spyder RT I am riding a new model and sometimes early adopters of any t**e of product can expect these t**es of situations. I can only hope that if a defect is found that the factory will contact its customers of the affected units directly and not depend on the dealers to spread the word, so that the notifications and the repairs can be made in a timely and safe manner.

For whatever reason, it seems that manufacturers can be a bit slow to respond to consumer complaints about specific vehicles. But with Toyota seeing its market share and net worth fall before its eyes, and with many potential buyers staying as far away as possible from Toyota Dealerships, much can be learned from this situation and hopefully all manufacturers will open the lines of communications to make sure they do not fall victim to what I'm now calling The Toyota Effect.

I can only hope that what happened to Toyota will trigger all manufacturers to start openly communicating with not only its dealerships, but with the end users as well to let us know, in a timely manner, that a potential defect could adversely affect the safe operation of our vehicles. After all, we're living in the 21st century and the old methods of communication have been replaced by newer methods. Yes Factories, you do have our telephone numbers and our email addresses. To me, this falls under the category of being a "No Brainer."

While I would like to think that just the thought of doing the right thing would be enough to motivate any manufacturer to notify its customers of a potential problem, it's not that simple as in this day and age of a global economy, just the announcement of a recall to repair a problem will negatively affect the companies balance sheet. I can only guess that the Corporate Boardrooms are weighing the cost of recalling vehicles against their bottom line. Hopefully, after seeing Toyota apologize to the world for its handling of these issues, and the losses are are sure to follow, other manufacturers will wake up and realize that the fallout and loss of credibility can cost them much more than just the price of repairing the problems.

It can cost them a valued reputation and future business.

As consumers, we have long memories. Even if Toyota abandons its goal of being the worldwide leader in auto sales and goes back to its original mantra of producing high quality, reliable, affordable and safe automobiles, it could take many years for them to outlive this spot on their resume.

So, to all manufacturers, if you start hearing about a potential problem to your products, please think of us, your current and future owners and realize that we have choices and we take the safety and reliability of our products seriously. Please do not jerk us around or make us jump through hoops to make our products operate in a safe manner. Sometimes the problems we experience may be isolated, but other times they could be your early warning signal that possibly a bigger problem may be on the horizon that could threaten the lives of your most loyal customers.
回复

使用道具 举报

状态   [当前离线]

楼主| 发表于 江苏省 2010-7-23 03:09 | 显示全部楼层
什么意思?谁懂?
回复

使用道具 举报

状态   [当前离线]

发表于 甘肃省 2010-7-23 03:37 | 显示全部楼层
TNND   搞什么飞机   通篇翻译!!!!!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

状态   [当前离线]

发表于 浙江省 2010-7-23 07:31 | 显示全部楼层
楼主是海龟头?
回复

使用道具 举报

状态   [当前离线]

发表于 安徽省 2010-7-23 08:53 | 显示全部楼层
丰田的影响将流传到摩托车制造商?

在过去的几周里,我们亲眼目睹了曾经不可一世的丰田下跪的方法,求其客户的宽恕,其中处理,或更恰当,没有处理许多潜在危险的缺陷车。

虽然我还是不相信,充分的故事和程度的缺陷已经暴露,更可以学到的东西却和丰田并没有这样做,当他们第一次实现了缺陷的情况发生。

尽管我有我的问题与丰田Avalon我购买了数年前,是“挺举”在他们周围的方法处理它,我很幸运,我发现,在第一天的所有权,并在几个星期的问题是能够扭转购买。据我所知,在我的车内发现缺陷并没有生命危险,但他们的方法,与合法的处理客户投诉量在谈到他们的最终用户所想。简单地说,他们使用了一种多层次的官僚拖延投诉过程。

而不是继续批评的方法,他们开展业务丰田,请允许我试图把这个相关的摩托车手:

正如我们所了解,有没有一个完善的产品和制造商在这些日子里“农场去”的各种零部件和其他物品外源这样的事情,并将有缺陷的情况下会发生。但是,与一车,为司机提供一定的保护信封,摩托车不提供相同的保护水平。那么,可以认为是轻微的缺陷汽车可以转化成灾难的摩托车骑手。

当我拥有了胜利的理想,还有一个不平顺召回。我最初的状态,经销商的反应迟缓。事实上,虽然我记得在阅读有关的网上论坛,在我接触的经销商,他并没有这种情况的了解。这是一个大红旗在这一天的瞬间,电子通信时代,怎么可能一厂联系不及时交易商对我?有此吨**情况é没有借口。但是,一旦经销商联络厂,定沟通,更换零件被运和修理及时的。

唯一的天翻地覆,我经历了我被告知,无法修复了,直到我收到的书面文书不平顺召回。

什么?他们知道关于这个问题,并认识到它落在“不要乘坐不”一类,他们要我等到邮政署发表的书面工作?这只是我的书不正确的。

当文书没有到达,看到的话不要乘坐在标题,我接触胜利的弗罗提供拖车运输我的自行车经销商。我被告知的是,拖吊服务只为突破起伏,而不是经营者提供的回忆。而不是心烦意乱,我只是请你的主管交谈,并告诉他/她,我在有关回收手续,并拥有对我来说将是完全不负责任的骑在收到该文书我的自行车。骑在收到书面工作将是不负责任的我的一部分。

我被搁置,大约10分钟后,我被告知拖车被批准。

灿最近有超过一上午就其一般事务/遥感模型动力转向召回情况。虽然我不能肯定是否最终解决已经发现,我还没有经历过这样的较新的RT模型我目前骑的问题。得知这个问题上转向以前发现的模式,你可以打赌,我让我的眼睛任何行为可能预示着潜在的问题公开。

我不知道,我的Spyder的逆转录骑新的模式和任意t **产品E能指望这些早期采用**吨,有时上课的情况。我只能希望,如果发现有缺损,该工厂将联络受影响的单位,其直接客户,而不是依赖经销商传播这个词,以便通知和维修可以得到及时和安全的方式进行。

不管什么原因,它似乎使制造商可以有点慢回答有关特定的车辆消费者的投诉。但看到它与丰田的市场份额和净价值下降前的眼睛,并与许多潜在的买家保持尽可能远的丰田经销商,可以学到许多从这一情况,并希望所有的制造商将开放的通信线路,以确保他们不属于受害者,我现在什么致电丰田的影响。

我只能希望所发生的情况会触发所有制造商丰田公司开始公开不仅其经销商交流,但与最终用户以及让我们知道,及时,一个潜在的缺陷可能影响安全运行我们的车辆。毕竟,我们生活在21世纪和沟通的老办法已被较新的方法取代。是工厂,你有我们的电话号码和我们的电子邮件地址。对我来说,这属于。下,作为一个“没有道理”类别

虽然我想的只是做right物论思想将足以促使任何制造商,以通知的潜在问题,它的客户,这不是因为在这一天与全球经济时代简单,只是宣布召回维修的问题会产生负面影响的公司资产负债表。我只能猜测,该公司董事局会议室是衡量他们对召回车辆的费用底线。我们希望,在看到丰田道歉,对处理这些问题向世界,而损失一定要遵守,其他制造商的人觉醒,认识到that的后遗症和对credibility至少损失的不仅仅是他们的价格的修复的问题。

它可以使他们损失了宝贵的信誉和未来的业务。

作为消费者,我们有长期的回忆。即使放弃其被丰田汽车销售的全球领先的目标,去回到了正常的生产优质,可靠,负担得起的和安全的汽车original的口头禅,它可能需要很多年他们以活得比他们的resume上这个地方。

因此,对所有制造商,如果你开始对一个潜在的问题,听取您的产品,请相信我们,您的当前和未来的业主认识到,我们有选择,我们采取的安全和我们产品的可靠性严重。请不要挺举我们让我们通过周围或跳铁圈,使我们的产品在一个安全的方式运作。有时,问题可能是孤立的,我们的经验,但其他时候他们可以是你的早期预警信号,可能是更大的问题可能是在地平线上,可能威胁您最忠实的客户的生活。
回复

使用道具 举报

状态   [当前离线]

发表于 山东省 2010-7-26 05:11 | 显示全部楼层
 在过去的几周里,我们目睹了曾经叱咤风云丰田落下来快快跪下请求宽恕的顾客在处理方法,或者更适当地,没有一个具有潜在危险的缺陷处理许多汽车。

虽然我仍然不相信这个事实和程度的缺陷透露,更能学到什么了由丰田和没做,在他们第一次意识到究竟是一种缺陷发生的。

虽然我有我的问题,我买了一辆丰田凯尔特韵调。几年前,是“抢”的方法来处理它,我就发现了问题的庆幸在第一天的所有权和几周之内,才能够反向收购。据我所知,我的车被发现在不危及生命,但这个方法在处理客户投诉说正统思想在他们的最终用户。简单的说,他们使用了多层次的官僚机构来拖延投诉的过程。

而不是继续批评丰田为其方法中开展业务,请允许我试图让这有关的摩托车车手。

我们得知,有没有这样的事,作为一个完美的产品,在这些日子“制造商”农场的各部分和其他物品到外部资源,有缺陷,将会发生的情况。然而,不像一辆汽车,提供某种保护信封的司机,摩托车不提供同等水平的保护。那么什么会被认为是一个小缺陷的汽车可以转化为一个灾难对摩托车。

当我拥有一个胜利的异象,有一个不骑回忆。我会状态,最初,经销商是反应迟钝。事实上,虽然我读到关于在网上论坛的回忆,当我连络的经销商,他不知道这个状况。这是一个大红旗让我在如今这个时代的即时、电子通讯、怎能不联系经销商工厂及时吗?没有理由为这个t * *的情况。然而,一旦经销商联系工厂、修理、更换部件被告知运往世界各地,是及时有礼貌。

我唯一的snafu经历是我被告知维修不能制造,直到有一天我收到书面的文件,不要坐在召回。

什么?他们了解这个问题和理解它落在了“不骑”范畴,他们要我等到邮局交作业吗?那不是我的书。

当文件抵达时,看到了文字不能骑在标题,我接触的胜利是VRA提供一个拖车运输自行车的经销商。我被告知,由操作员的服务是仅供break-downs和不收回。相反的,我就心烦意乱,请讲一名主管、告诉他/她,我拥有了回忆的文件和它是完全不负责任,我骑自行车的时候接到这文书工作。收到的文件会骑在我的部分是不负责任。

我被放置在大约十分钟后举行,告诉我这两个被批准。

最近有Can-Am召回了动力转向形势对其GS / RS模型。虽然我不是很确定最后的修复已被发现时,我还没经历过这个问题时,我正在更新RT模型。知道这个转向问题上发现了先前的模型,可以肯定的是,我把我的眼睛开任何行为可能预示着一个潜在的问题。

我不知道用Spyder RT我骑的新模式,有时先驱者的t * *的产品可以看到这些t * *的情况。我只能希望,如果一个缺陷就是发现这个工厂将与客户直接影响机组,而不是依赖于经销商传布字,以便通知及维修可以做出及时的和安全的方式。

不知什么原因,似乎制造商可能会有点慢回应消费者抱怨特定车辆。但与丰田看到它的市场份额净值下降之前,它的眼睛,并与许多潜在的买家住尽量远离从丰田特许经销商,更可从中学到的情况,希望所有的制造商将打开的通讯线路来保证他们不会上当受骗,我现在打电话丰田的效果。

我只能希望丰田将触发所有制造商开始公开交流不仅增加,但与最终用户一样,让我们知道,及时,潜在的缺陷可能影响我们的车辆的安全运行。毕竟,我们生活在21世纪的今天,旧的通讯方式已经被更新的方法。是的,你有我们工厂的电话号码和电子邮件地址。对我来说,这属于被一个“不容易。”

当我想这只是想做正确的事情就足以激励任何制造商通知客户的潜在问题,并不是简单地在如今这个时代的全球经济中,就宣布召回修理问题会带来负面影响公司的资产负债表。我只能猜测,董事会正衡量成本的召回车辆对他们的底线。希望看到丰田道歉向世界处理这些问题,损失是肯定会跟进,其他制造商将醒来,发现影响和失去信誉能花不止价格修复的问题。

它可以增加他们的声誉和未来的商业价值。

作为消费者,我们有长期的记忆。即使丰田弃其目标是全球领先的汽车销售和回到原来的生产优质、可靠、安全的汽车,它能够以多年来比这一个斑点在他们的简历。

因此,所有的厂家,如果你开始听到一个潜在的问题,你认为我们的产品,请您当前和未来的主人,并且意识到我们的选择,我们把我们的产品的安全性和可靠性的严重。请不要猛地我们参观或使我们跳过箍,使产品安全的方式。有时我们的问题的经验可以孤立的,但有时它们也可能是你的预警信号,可能是一个更大的问题可能会威胁到地平线上的生命最忠诚的顾客
回复

使用道具 举报

状态   [当前离线]

发表于 山东省 2010-7-26 05:12 | 显示全部楼层
有道词典,哈哈
回复

使用道具 举报

状态   [当前离线]

发表于 贵州省 2010-7-26 05:35 | 显示全部楼层
有钱都不买日本车。。。除了摩托车。
回复

使用道具 举报